Basis of the test
iVYCHECK GIP Urine is an immunochromatographic test designed to detect Gluten Immunogenic Peptides (GIP) in urine samples.
To perform the test, a urine sample is mixed with a conditioning solution. Then, the detection step is based on the reaction of the GIP present in the sample with the coloured antibody conjugates present in the strip. When there is GIP in the sample due to gluten intake, a red line will appear in the test area indicating a positive result. The absence of this line indicates absence of GIP in the sample and therefore absence of gluten intake (negative result). A green line (control line) will appear if the test was successful. The absence of this line indicates absence of GIP in the sample and therefore absence of gluten intake (negative result). A green line (control line) will appear if the test is properly performed.
The iVYCHECK GIP Urine kit is especially indicated for:
- Control of the gluten-free diet for patients with celiac disease, non-celiac patients with gluten-sensitivity or a gluten allergy.
- Patients with persistent symptoms after following a gluten free diet.
- During the first months after celiac disease diagnosis to verify good habits.
- Correct diagnosis of refractory celiac disease and difficult diagnosis cases of celiac disease when a clinical supervision of the diet is required.
- To prove gluten free diet adherence or gluten challenge intake in clinical trials for new therapies for celiac disease.
- This technique is for professional use and should be used by doctors, pharmacists or specialists in the field.
Sensibilidad diagnóstica: 90.18%
Especificidad diagnóstica: 98.28%