Swab and Virus Transport Medium Kit
Product description and content
Disposable virus sampling tubes are intended for the safe collection and transport of potentially infectious clinical samples.
Each sample collection and transport kit consist of a sterile container that contains a swab for sample collection, a transport tube with the medium in which the swab is placed after the sample collection, and a biohazard bag to place the tube during transport.
This product is supplied in various collection and pre-packaged sets. Each sampling tube kit contains the following material:
- A hermetic sealed tube with 3 ml of medium, screw caped, labelled designed for the transport of clinical samples
- Medical grade sterile flocked swab with narrow tip for single use of biological sample collection.
- zip closure bag for the safe transport of the biological sample
Product maintenance and use
The product must be stored inthe original packaging at a temperature of 2 °C to 25 °C.
1. Take the swab out of the sterile package
2. Insert the swab into the tube after collection
3. Break the swab by bending it against the wall of the tube
4. Place the cap to seal the tube and label it
Once the sample has been collected, the swab must be immediately placed inside the transport tube and taken to the laboratory as soon as possible. Although the medium used in this product can keep the sample up to 72 h at room temperature, it is recommended to refrigerated the samples at 2-8 °C or kept on ice during the transit.
If the sample is to be processed after 72 hours, the sample should be frozen at –70 °C or colder and transported on dry ice. Repeated freeze-thaw cycles of samples should be avoided.
Conventional Viral Transport Medium in screw-cap tube, with nasopharyngeal swabs. Model FB